20190809 Post

I've been thinking a lot about Haskell and Functional Programming.
Supposedly, Haskell is the most functional, programming language, or purest.
Been thinking about learning it; doing some work in it; been looking into Reflex-Dom.
Also a new Reflex Terminal Application library.


Finally been able to register SeanDinwiddie.com for a normal price.
Expired several years ago, and was listed for several thousand dollars, which I was not paying.
Built a new site for myself.
I'm pretty happy with it.
Linking to it from SeanDinwiddie.github.io -- my current personal site.
Fairly happy with the way my other sites are coming along...

ReddingWebmaster.com...

Been doing a site for Julie Gussenhoven, OD.
Hopefully, that'll be published soon.
Doing work for Compliance Associates Inc.
Helping them build their compliance software.
Fairly enjoyable.

Bought a new keyboard or economic split keyboard. Lower end one, but it's all right.
To help me with my, improve my typing.
Eventually, I'll get a nicer one. One more mechanical.
I've had one of those before. They're nice. Nice to get a split keyboard, mechanical split keyboard. Some can get really nice. They are so cool. 🤓⌨️


Web developers, full-stack engineers. software developers on Twitter. Setting their notifications on my phone. Trying to stay inspired, and focused on learning, growing.
I am signed up with several on Discord, Slack as far as developer, web development groups.
For some reason, uh, I need to set more of those notifications on. The notifications, I guess we're not set on by default. So, I've been paying attention to the ones on Twitter.
Pretty fun.


Oh, and as far as the Haskell Reflex-Dom and Reflex terminal application framework or library;
Study, research, learning. It’s been slightly stunted. I've been trying to install Nix and/or NixOS.
It’s giving me a few different errors. I’ve tried, uh, installing NixOS. Gave me some errors. Tried installing Nix on Ubuntu. Gave me some errors. Tried installing NixOS on a Cloud VPS.
I think that's the route. Just need to work on it some more.


A little blocked, totally blocked about writing. So happy to have learned that you can just buy copy. Recorded most of this and transcribed it. Then cleaned it up just a small amount or fixed some mistranscriptions. Pretty awful, horrible the whole thing is, maybe it’s better than nothing.😬


PS - Really need the work on the marketing reports for my sites!

Popular posts from this blog

Today

Toptal | Sean Dinwiddie